Acupuncture for Aches and Pains
Acupuncture for aches and pains is the bread and butter of our work, and what it is known for the best. Western science is still trying to figure out how it helps, and they’ve figured out that the insertion of an acupuncture needle triggers a variety of response from your body. These include:
- The local stimulation to repair the tissue damage from the needle that also benefits other injuries in the area,
- The release of naturally occurring pain reducing chemicals called endorphins, and
- Changes in the perception of pain as modulated by nerves in the spinal cord and different parts of the brain.
Pain conditions treated include:
- Headaches and migraines
- Neck pain, mid-back pain, and low back pain
- Hip pain, knee pain, ankle pain, leg pain, and foot pain
- Shoulder pain, elbow pain, wrist pain, arm pain, and hand pain;
- Abdominal pain, and chest pain
- Arthritis, tendonitis, strains & sprains, carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis, TMJ, sciatica, gall bladder stones, and kidney stones
- Pain related to surgery, sports injuries, work injuries, and auto accidents.
Acupuncture for aches and pains should be your go to modality that you try first before doing drug therapies or surgery. It’s effective and there are no side effects, so you have nothing to lose!